The T3 has been working over the years with the prospect of getting to be self-sustaining, a goal that has partially achieved.
Currently, the T3 is one of the few NGOs that combine social change and environmental self-sustainability , aiming to become independent of third-party donations.
To achieve this “independence” , the T3 works developing projects and actions processing recyclable solid waste into raw materials, according to the criteria of sustainability and sustainable design for the product. All processes are developed through productive units, organized communities and partnerships with 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd sectors.
Would you like to know the work of the T3? Follow all works below:
(If you do not want to read, we have some pictures click here.)
- August/ September/ October 2012 – FLEC 2012 – Festival Lixo e Cidadania 2012 – Waste and Citizenship Festival 2012 – Project Coordination and Structural Artistic Waste and Citizenship Festival contemplating Architectural Blueprints, Consulting and Product Design Management, including partial renovation of existing furniture and new furniture produced by the Communities to the Excellence in wastes Minas Center. Beneficiaries: Hall of Meeting Community Center; ASMARE ; ASAS Bamboo – Alleys; Joinery Ambience
- May/ June 2012 – ICLEI – ‘International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives’ City hall of Belo Horizonte – creation, development and production of 1,100products for the Congress. – Beneficiaries: Futurarte (Cooperative for Youth at social risk); Solidarity Group (patients with positive sérum for AIDS); “Cooperartree” (26 families in the Garden Teresopolis community).
- April/ May 2012 – APAS – Associação Paulista de Supermercados – Lecture on eco-design and sustainable product along the educational fashion show.
- June – September 2011 – Project “Um Novo Olhar” – Reciclar-T3 + Valor Social+Salão do Encontro + Fiat + Isvor: Partnership that benefited Hall Meeting Community Center in Betim, youth and members of the Hall, 1263 people directly , as well as communication and advertising for FIAT – Over 450 products developed especially for the project through Productive Arrangement within the principles of sustainable product. Qualification, paradigm shift, commitment, integration, income and design processes with social-environmental responsibility.
- October/December 2010: “Project Attitude” – FIAT + T3 + Valor Social + Agency Um (SP) – Partnership which benefited 15 organizations directly – More than 5,630 kits Eduacation and Health, produced by Production Units (NGOs) and delivered to needy organizations. Employees, 865 engineers and designers involved in the process. Generated motivation, commitment, integration, joy and income.
- April/May 2010: Event/project “Music for the Mountains” – Partnership with the NGO Arca amaserra in defense of Serra da Calçada/MG – Mobilization and Awareness – Palace of Arts / Grand Theater.
- October/November 2009: Sustainable Environment – Leroy Merlin/Belvedere – Belo Horizonte – MG
- September 2009: Waste & Citizenship – Stage Environment and Sustainable Tent – Belo Horizonte – MG
- September 2008: Workshop for making bags from banner – to the staff of REGAP / Petrobrás
- February to July 2008: Production of 5,000 bags for the supermarket chain Verde Mar – Belo Horizonte – MG
- November 2007: Atmosphere setting for Mannesmann – Creation of three large portals pass at the main entrances – Belo Horizonte – MG
- June to September 2007: Exhibition “Material Connection” at the Centre for Excellence in Waste/MG, which is a project of the Government of Minas Gerais and coordinated by SERVANTS FEAM – Belo Horizonte – MG.
- September 2006 to June 2007: Qualification on Metal Workshops / TOM – Transformation Of Metal, to the Trem da Vale project (Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) – Ouro Preto – MG. 76 young people from local public schools benefited.
- September 2006: Exhibition “Connection – Crafts and Technology” Entrepreneur Fair SEBRAE held in Expominas – Belo Horizonte – MG;
- August 2005 to July 2006: Implantation of the Project “UPP – Unidade Produtiva de Papel” (Partnership with Government of the State of Minas Gerais) – Belo Horizonte – MG;
- June 2005: Participation in the III Meeting of the 3rd sector, organized by the Public Prosecutor of Minas Gerais. Realization of ambience and selective waste collection in partnership with COMARP – Community Associate for Material Recycling at Pampulha Region. Mercure Hotel – Belo Horizonte – MG.
- May/June 2005: Exhibition, educational parade, lecture and qualifying for the Multipliers Kirchentag event – Hannover, Germany.
- January 2005: Lecture on “Sustainable Consumption and Product” held during the “Symposium Ars and Urbis” by Princess Marilyn’s invitation – Bell Douala – Cameroon, Africa.
- September to December 2004: Participation with garments in Fashion Passion Exhibition, 100 Years of Fashion at Oca – São Paulo – SP.
- May to September 2004: Exhibition of garments, furniture and accessories for Les Universal Forum of Cultures – Barcelona, Spain.
- May 2004: Workshop Trankuela for young people from 08 European Union countries – Dissen, Germany;
- March/April 2004: execution of activities by the German Government (Agenda 21), focusing on sustainability, training of trainers, generating consequential presentations and interviews – Hannover, Stuttgart and Wolfenbüttel, Germany;
- March 2004: Reconstruction of the Awareness Art Space at Natural History Museum and Botanic Gardens – University of Minas Gerais – Belo Horizonte – MG.
- June 2003: Workshops, educational parade, lecture on Sustainable Product and playful interventions in the environment week of Companhia Vale do Rio Doce – Carajás – PA.;
- January 2002: Participation in exclusive documentary on the Recycle -T3 for Omrop Fryslan Televyzje Network Television – Netherlands.
- February 2002: Participation on WAT NOU AFVAL (And now, what to do with the garbage?) Event exhibition of Ecological Products – Leeuwarden, Netherlands.
- June to October 2000: Participation in Expo 2000 in the production and presentation of ecological products – Hannover, Germany.
- June 1998 to February 2001: Carnival Costumes Making for First Season Samba School ASMARE – Paper Pickers Association of Belo Horizonte – MG.
- June 1997 to September 1999: First Experimental School for recycling solid waste. Courses on Plastic, Glass, Metal, Paper and Other Materials. Partnership with Municipality of Nova Lima.
Other relevant projects
- BazarEco : Mobilization and Awareness – Community College – June 2009
- Christmas Love (3rd edition): Mobilization and Awareness – December 2009
- San Jose Operário Social Work: Qualification of Labor Community Ladies
- Vincent de Paula Boys Town: Environment and Citizenship
- Community Captain Eduardo/BH: Youth from the Community – Clothing with the 3 R’s
- ASMARE – Paper, Cardboard and Recyclable Material Association of Belo Horizonte: Project Carnival – Rescue Self-Esteem
- Reciclo/ASMARE: Paper Technology Cultural Center with the 3 R’s
- School House Aristides • Nova Lima,MG : First School for Recycling in Brazil.